1997-05-18 - Re: PGP 5.0 beta is out at PGP.com

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@algebra.com
Message Hash: ce45fac88b9eecddcb2d71787a45af5f2dd44b33ec16404cb94681fd1415024a
Message ID: <v03007803afa50c3704d1@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <199705181020.DAA18483@jefferson.hidden.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-18 19:02:59 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 03:02:59 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 03:02:59 +0800
To: cypherpunks@algebra.com
Subject: Re: PGP 5.0 beta is out at PGP.com

At 10:11 AM -0800 5/18/97, Tim May wrote:

>I'll have to get it off the Iraqi or Syrian sites.

Hey, thanks everyone, no more pointers are needed. My favorite crypto guru
in the Estekhbarat gave me a pointer to his site. Alas, my version of the
Macintosh OS is not recent enough to use this program.

(Funny how most Windows software will run on the 6-year old 3.1, but Mac
software often requires the latest "x.01" rev of the unstable OS. I knew
I'd pay a price for defecting from the Borg.)

Shows you that ordinary compatibility issues are a more effective bar to
world-wide use than the weak attempts by the USG to limit access by
foreigners. When the Estekhbarat has it, you _know_ such controls are
pointless.

--Tim May