1997-05-09 - Re: Spam Update/Cyber Promo attacked

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d033ac1ef290d3c7dbc1433ef6a3b2232bc7487eccc23eb521e76f584c994304
Message ID: <FPRF7D57w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <3.0.1.32.19970508230144.00947a40@gateway.grumman.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-09 15:27:49 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 23:27:49 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 23:27:49 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Spam Update/Cyber Promo attacked

Rick Osborne <osborne@gateway.grumman.com> writes:

> >I suggest you learn to filter your e-mail.
>
> Actually, this account has adequate filters.  Unfortunately, my employer
> chooses to use Exchange for mail, which has less than astonishing filtering
> capability.  But I appreciate the inference as to my (lack of)
> intelligence.  ;)

Your lack of ethics, rather.  You choose to work for someone who chooses
to use inadequate Microsoft software, and you brandish these choices as
an excuse to interfere with somene's free speech.

> Which is why I originally suggested bypassing the normal sendmail route and
> using straight sockets.  If he blocks my script from connecting directly to
> his smtpd then I use a random smtpd somewhere as a go-between, routing it
> to his smtpd.  He can't (won't) block them all.  Also, this is why I
> recommended making the script small and portable: *anyone* could put it up
> on their site.  He can't block everyone.

Wallace hired some people who are very good (and you know how seldom I
characterize someone as being very good).  I'm fairly confident that
they will withstand whatever attacks these half-brained wannabe hackers
and anti-free-speech hooligans can invent.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM