1997-05-10 - Re: Spam Update/Cyber Promo attacked

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov)
Message Hash: f8b9613fec5e8087d189484b8d544c3325527e654f2cb468cfcb9da558b6cc4f
Message ID: <v03007801af99c141318b@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <v03007800af99ae300ca9@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-10 05:26:30 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 13:26:30 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 13:26:30 +0800
To: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov)
Subject: Re: Spam Update/Cyber Promo attacked

At 8:17 PM -0800 5/9/97, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
>Tim May wrote:

>> Indeed, saying you don't "want" more advertisements is, for all practical
>> purposes, saying "Send me more!!!!"
>
>You know, maybe if the spammers were not routinely kicked 1/2 hr after
>the incident, they would probably have a chance to receive and honor
>the removal requests.

I can't parse your English. (Not a new problem for me, Igor, as I seldom
understand your posts.)

My point was an obvious marketing one: anyone who expresses any interest
whatsoevery in advertisements or products, no matter what kind of interest,
is essentially automatically a candidate for more advertising.

--Tim May