1997-06-08 - Re: Steak Knife Decryption

Header Data

From: Cyberdog <eric@clever.net>
To: Rabid Wombat <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 094eeb67bc3f157d7e5d75ce6ee1cbb3a12119121391d4f87f606b4d3129fa34
Message ID: <v03102800afbfbdb3624c@[204.249.244.13]>
Reply To: <199706070521.WAA11195@netcom11.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-08 01:50:09 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 09:50:09 +0800

Raw message

From: Cyberdog <eric@clever.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 09:50:09 +0800
To: Rabid Wombat <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: Steak Knife Decryption

>On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Mike Duvos wrote:
>
>> An interesting twist on rubber hose decryption in the case of the
>> murder of Jonathan Levin, son of the top executive of media
>> giant Time Warner.
>>
>> Police believe his ATM card was stolen, and he was then jabbed
>> with a steak knife until he revealed the PIN.
>>

>A "duress" PIN which cancels the account would be a good addition;
>similar to the "duress" code on home security systems that appear to
>disarm the alarm but send a silent alarm to the monitoring station.
>
>-r.w.

I would want my account to remain active but instruct the machine to
dispense marked cash in case I'm outside in the trunk.

----
Survivalmonger

Thread