1997-06-04 - Re: May’s Banal Rant

Header Data

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 18a9558222ac4ee4695fa6edd5fdb05e9ade8f0bc3cbdff49556b1206c2bab58
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.970603191423.90I-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Reply To: <3.0.2.32.19970602110450.0077d010@netcom13.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-04 00:14:03 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 08:14:03 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 08:14:03 +0800
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: May's Banal Rant

> Anarchy can not be achieved by negotiations or cooperation with any
> branch of government.

Very succintly put, and straight to the point. Even minarchism could not
be achieved by compromising or negotiating with the current system.

> Neither can crypto-anarchy be achieved by nuking
> DC.

This is not so certain, crypto-anarchy would of course be achieved if
anarchy in general were achieved, this could occur if strong action were
taken such as nuking DC. I believe more selective systems such as AP will
eventually cause the downfall of government, and will do so in a much
more ethical and discrimatory manner.

> thinking that "something is better than nothing" or "the bastards need to
> receive the punishment they so richly deserve". Neither view will help to
> further crypto-anarchy in any meaningful way.

I don`t believe they are at all comparable statements, the first is a cop
out, the second simply carries the discussion to its logical conclusion,
that agressors must be punished and agressive acts must be prevented.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/