1997-06-21 - Re: A site idea

Header Data

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
To: Jason William RENNIE <jrennie@hardy.ocs.mq.edu.au>
Message Hash: 23d9a813a3f9614c3747b2501a47c45612e17a432cb829a355fec57265734857
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.970621141211.755E-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Reply To: <Pine.SOL.3.91.970621085711.11806A-100000@hardy.ocs.mq.edu.au>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-21 17:29:20 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 01:29:20 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 01:29:20 +0800
To: Jason William RENNIE <jrennie@hardy.ocs.mq.edu.au>
Subject: Re: A site idea

> Well after joining this list a few days ago, i've decided to take the
> plunge and post something. I was looking for feedback on an idea for a
> site. I hope this dosen't violate any rules for posting and i appologise
> if it does. Please dont flame me for my ignorance if i've broken any
> unspecified rules for posting.

Cypherpunks is totally uncensored and there are no rules for posting, you
won`t get flamed for posting off topic, unless you are censorous, for a
good short idea of what cypherpunks is all about read Tims "a cypherpunk
manifesto" or his cyphernomicon.

> I was hoping to collect information on setting up anon remailers of
> various types and compiling links and articles for the site. Can anybody
> point me in the right direction ?

Raph Levine <sp? There are two, one levine and one levein and I always
confuse the two) is the remailer god, check out his pages for some
information.

For anonymous web browsing you need to either direct browsers to go
through www.anonymizer.com or set up your own similar service.
Once again, Raph`s pages will get you off to a good start.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/