1997-06-22 - Re: [FLAMING ON THE LIST]

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Message Hash: 3cc908cddc4b24af3f15ac147800a1b240f8dd660d451074c39ce01cb90b03a3
Message ID: <3.0.2.32.19970622012406.03096104@popd.ix.netcom.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SOL.3.91.970621085711.11806A-100000@hardy.ocs.mq.edu.au>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-22 08:36:18 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 16:36:18 +0800

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 16:36:18 +0800
To: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [FLAMING ON THE LIST]

At 02:17 PM 6/21/97 +0000, Paul Bradley wrote:
>Cypherpunks is totally uncensored and there are no rules for posting, you
>won`t get flamed for posting off topic, unless you are censorous, for a
>good short idea of what cypherpunks is all about read Tim's "a cypherpunk
>manifesto" or his cyphernomicon.

While it _is_ totally uncensored again, it's the Net, you can be
flamed for anything, so you have to decide what level of annoyance
to ignore and what level to make you give up.

In the case of Cypherpunks, there are a few consistent flamers who will
not only flame you for everything you post, but will also reply to your post
with a flame against Gilmore and Sameer :-)  Flaming back doesn't make them
go away (one of them has even started roboposting flames to the list
them vanish almost entirely.....

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts@ix.netcom.com
#   (If this is a mailing list or news, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)

Thread