1997-06-09 - Re: With friends like these…

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
To: nobody@huge.cajones.com (Huge Cajones Remailer)
Message Hash: 949283bb2d8a9fe0b8e6efe3de36b846206ab05ba31bcf60ad13ab404a012491
Message ID: <199706092231.SAA29002@homeport.org>
Reply To: <199706091928.MAA01854@fat.doobie.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-09 22:46:18 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 06:46:18 +0800

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 06:46:18 +0800
To: nobody@huge.cajones.com (Huge Cajones Remailer)
Subject: Re: With friends like these...

Yes, these are our freinds.  They are attacking key recovery where its
being sold; namely to companies.  And the report is damned effective
at selling companies that 'the best cryptographers in the world'
oppose this.

Its been very useful to me for that already.

Adam

| just a bad idea, not nearly as strong as it could be).  The reason they give
| is that they think it may be too expensive for corporate America.
| What they don't say is Far more interesting:
|
| They don't say that key escrow is unacceptable, period.
|
| They don't mention the big brother problem.
|
| They don't talk about the long history of
| government abuse (FBI, CIA, NSA, etc).
|
| The conveniently leave out ALL the libertarian issues about how key escrow making the government bigger and more powerful.
|
| They just seem to care about what it costs.  And
| these are our friends?

					               -Hume

Thread