1997-06-03 - Webpage picketing?…

Header Data

From: Jim Choate <ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com>
To: cypherpunks@EINSTEIN.ssz.com (Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer)
Message Hash: b57027cfe4f19f6ea0bf58c8dea92c1b90c44d663454f8d2a1655403a5699e8f
Message ID: <199706030135.UAA13557@einstein.ssz.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 11:09:40 +0800

Raw message

From: Jim Choate <ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 11:09:40 +0800
To: cypherpunks@EINSTEIN.ssz.com (Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer)
Subject: Webpage picketing?...

Hi,

I have been looking at how to impliment picketing on the web. To date I have
been unable to come up with a way to force a connection to one machine to go
through a third machine in order to express some view about the original
target.

This idea came to me while watching some folks picket a local grocer over
something I couldn't make out (the signs were poorly done). It occured to me
that since one could argue that the links between sites are public avenues a
site could 'picket' another site. The question became at this point, how?

So far I have been unable to figure a way out. Any ideas you might care to
share with us all?

  |      No people do so much harm as those who go about doing good.      |
  |                                           Mandell Creighton           |
  |     Jim Choate                                 ravage@ssz.com         |
  |     The Armadillo Group                        www.ssz.com            |
  |     Austin, Texas, USA                         512-451-7087           |

Thread