1997-06-03 - Re: Webpage picketing?…

Header Data

From: Bill Frantz <frantz@netcom.com>
To: Jim Choate <cypherpunks@EINSTEIN.ssz.com (Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer)
Message Hash: d231ec07600da366965cccdf5c7d195a99fce6c7f1aa8029e748e9c96f7c3b62
Message ID: <v0300781aafb95e6a0644@[207.94.249.152]>
Reply To: <199706030135.UAA13557@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-03 05:52:42 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 13:52:42 +0800

Raw message

From: Bill Frantz <frantz@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 13:52:42 +0800
To: Jim Choate <cypherpunks@EINSTEIN.ssz.com (Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer)
Subject: Re: Webpage picketing?...

At 6:35 PM -0700 6/2/97, Jim Choate wrote:
>I have been looking at how to impliment picketing on the web. To date I have
>been unable to come up with a way to force a connection to one machine to go
>through a third machine in order to express some view about the original
>target.
>
>This idea came to me while watching some folks picket a local grocer over
>something I couldn't make out (the signs were poorly done). It occured to me
>that since one could argue that the links between sites are public avenues a
>site could 'picket' another site. The question became at this point, how?

Use the same techniques as the anonymoizing web proxies.  They re-form the
URLs in web page links, so you always go thru the proxy.

Bill Frantz       | The Internet was designed  | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | to protect the free world  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz@netcom.com | from hostile governments.  | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA

Thread