1997-06-08 - Re: [CONTROVERSIAL]: A Defense of Terrorism

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e9a5441ae6acd9590dc727f4715d33f15378a5d9f8c75cff45935b74a8808127
Message ID: <4omZ8D34w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.91.970608163357.917A-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-08 16:31:56 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 00:31:56 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 00:31:56 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: [CONTROVERSIAL]: A Defense of Terrorism

Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk> writes:
> > The reason why the IRA bombs (or threatens to bomb) targets all over the UK
> > is that they want to make the voting public so sick and tired of the status
> > quo in NI that they'll demand a pull-out, which is just what the IRA wants.
>
> Yes, I think you will also find that most people in mainland England
> don`t really have an opinion one way or the other, they vaguely feel that
> the British should pull out of NI because they want to stop the bombings,
> they also vaguely feel that would be giving in to "terrorists".

If the people in mainland England (and Scotland and Wales) are imprevious
to rational arguments (like, the UK should get the fuck out of NI because
they have no business being there :-) then perhaps that'll listen to
terrorism.  Perhaps not - such tactics seem to work better on some ethic
groups than on others, the the English took worse shit from the Germans
in WW II.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM