1997-07-24 - Re: Jim Bell Docket 3

Header Data

From: “Lynne L. Harrison” <lharrison@mhv.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8b689ce0edd6c73c472f524ebcfe8555975c688e6f63a4adb24484f2f142bbdb
Message ID: <3.0.2.32.19970724134314.006f883c@pop.mhv.net>
Reply To: <1.5.4.32.19970723114324.006a189c@pop.pipeline.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-07-24 18:00:33 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 02:00:33 +0800

Raw message

From: "Lynne L. Harrison" <lharrison@mhv.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 02:00:33 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Jim Bell Docket 3

At 08:55 AM 7/23/97 -0400, William H. Geiger III wrote:

>Has anyone contacted Jim's lawer about the recent IRS SPAM?
>
>Seems to me that the IRS leaking the Plea Agreement would be at least
>contempt of court.

With certain exceptions, court proceedings are open to the public which is
why one is able to read articles in newspapers about certain cases.

The only way that the IRS' leaking the Plea Agreement by sending email to
individuals would constitute contempt of court is if there was a gag order.

Lynne L. Harrison, Esq.     | "I love deadlines.  I love the whooshing
Poughkeepsie, New York      |  sound they make as they fly by."
http://www.dueprocess.com   |              - Douglas Adams

DISCLAIMER:  I am not your attorney; you are not my client.
             Accordingly, the above is *NOT* legal advice.

Thread