1997-08-08 - Re: Query on cookies

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
To: Steve Schear <azur@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 0f946f3ed3df93e04314571967f437dff271a7c0a92bf9a854722465b993b4d9
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.95.970807093112.4169A-100000@well.com>
Reply To: <v03102801b00fa6631bf9@[10.0.2.15]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-08-08 08:17:05 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 16:17:05 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 16:17:05 +0800
To: Steve Schear <azur@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Query on cookies

Thanks for the help, folks. This is for an article on privacy I was
working on, and I found the info I needed. For instance, Netscape's
explanation of the protocol left me wondering about whether cookies from
acme.com could be requested by competitor.com.

I ended up talking to some Netscape engineers, who were as puzzled as I
was by where the term "cookie" came from. But I found it in the good ol'
Jargon File...

-Declan

On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, Steve Schear wrote:

> At 12:23 PM -0700 8/6/97, Declan McCullagh wrote:
> >Does anyone have a detailed understanding of how cookies work? I've read
> >Netscape's explanation of the protocol, but I still have some questions.
> >
> >-Declan
>
> The July issue of Internet World, "Baking Your Own Cookies," contains a
> good introduction into some of the details.
>
> --Steve

Thread