1997-08-12 - Re: Encrypting same data with many keys…

Header Data

From: Matthew Ghio <ghio@temp0108.myriad.ml.org>
To: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Message Hash: 84bb894c8a8facb593c8f715308de263eaf2e62dd6549fe7e3ec8f58aae57ae1
Message ID: <199708122027.NAA19252@myriad.alias.net>
Reply To: <199708121945.MAA16770@myriad.alias.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-08-12 20:36:10 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:36:10 +0800

Raw message

From: Matthew Ghio <ghio@temp0108.myriad.ml.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:36:10 +0800
To: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Subject: Re: Encrypting same data with many keys...

> So if I wanted to do this and use RSA, how could it be shielded from
> attack?  I take it switching to DH or MH won't help.   Would Eliptic
> Curves have different properties against this attack?
>
> Maybe a random session key in the middle would help?

Using a salt would work.  DH would be okay if you used DH to exchange
a different key with each recipient and then conventionally encrypted
the message with that key.

The point is that you need to use different (random) inputs to each P-K
operation in order to avoid the possibility of ending up with a system
of equations that could be solved.

Thread