1997-10-12 - Re: Stronghold

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3ebbf225fa3632c9ae124ab6e3dddbc6d52db71367b2fb3dffd0f7f29ba6c73e
Message ID: <1.5.4.32.19971012183512.006a9260@pop.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 02:52:36 +0800

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 02:52:36 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Stronghold

Dimitri and Adam queried about me receiving a C2-lawyer
letter to DV:

I didn't see the letter, either on cpunks unedited (where I remained
subscribed throughout the experiment and happily continue to be
despite genocidal warnings to desist). Nor did I get a copy directly
from Dimitri as he claims to have sent as cc, which I doubt.

I suspect that if there is, or was, such a letter, it's either a fabrication
of Dimitri himself, or a message he calculatedly sought so he could
flag wave it. A page from the book of secret agents.

Dimitri, Allah bless his carcass, is a learned and deft provocateur.

So the problem I've got with Dimitri's allegations is that he's
demonstrated that he has the skills and godless urge to spoof,
spook and hound anybody who crosses him for Rasputin purposes
not yet disclosed. Not that that's unusual hereabouts -- and who
truly wants forgo comforting righteousness to confront an evil soul.

Insecure smart cards, those (we) highly miseducated warriors
seeking warfare, in our ability to engender and prolong grievances
against others and deny theirs of us, and draw people into our webs
of revenge and expatiation, against enemies of imagination and
passion.

In this DV, among many, is a fierce do-or-die competitor with, say,
Tim May, and I still have a hunch that the two (or many) are in
cahoots (if only in like mindedness and bulldog tenacity), now, and
maybe at the beginning of the grand  experiment of testing
cypherpunkian elasticity with orchestrated provocateurism.

All of us stirring the witches brew with fake innocence and real
malice.

None of us are going to quietly give up addiction to bloodlust,
and will forever nightsweat insults and succumb to the urge to
do vainglorious battle for vaporware honor.

Dementia, due, as ever, to miseducation, haywire ambition,
filmic fantasies of glory and immortality, dampened only by
inevitable glandular wind-down.

Is this dustup really about the faults of likeminded C2 and
Dimitri, or our shared need for diversion from dread of
disappearance without a trace?

Billy Sunday

Thread