1997-10-12 - Re: Stronghold

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 56e4158aef2c9e7c71bc07ae21d96757ab0ba65a49cf440005d7323453e373f7
Message ID: <VFaHee1w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <1.5.4.32.19971012183512.006a9260@pop.pipeline.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-12 23:42:39 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 07:42:39 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 07:42:39 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Stronghold

John Young <jya@pipeline.com> writes:

> Dimitri and Adam queried about me receiving a C2-lawyer
> letter to DV:
>
> I didn't see the letter, either on cpunks unedited (where I remained
> subscribed throughout the experiment and happily continue to be
> despite genocidal warnings to desist). Nor did I get a copy directly
> from Dimitri as he claims to have sent as cc, which I doubt.

I' quite certain that I cc'd the letter to JYA.

I think JYA is having a credibility problem.

If I send you the letter again, will you place it in your WWW archives?

> I suspect that if there is, or was, such a letter, it's either a fabrication
> of Dimitri himself, or a message he calculatedly sought so he could
> flag wave it. A page from the book of secret agents.

Are you questioning the authenticity of the letter from C2Net's lawyers?

Give me your fax # and and I'll fax it to you.  Ask c2Net to verify
whether it's authentic.

> Dimitri, Allah bless his carcass, is a learned and deft provocateur.
>
> So the problem I've got with Dimitri's allegations is that he's
> demonstrated that he has the skills and godless urge to spoof,
> spook and hound anybody who crosses him for Rasputin purposes
> not yet disclosed. Not that that's unusual hereabouts -- and who
> truly wants forgo comforting righteousness to confront an evil soul.
>
> Insecure smart cards, those (we) highly miseducated warriors
> seeking warfare, in our ability to engender and prolong grievances
> against others and deny theirs of us, and draw people into our webs
> of revenge and expatiation, against enemies of imagination and
> passion.
>
> In this DV, among many, is a fierce do-or-die competitor with, say,
> Tim May, and I still have a hunch that the two (or many) are in
> cahoots (if only in like mindedness and bulldog tenacity), now, and
> maybe at the beginning of the grand  experiment of testing
> cypherpunkian elasticity with orchestrated provocateurism.
>
> All of us stirring the witches brew with fake innocence and real
> malice.
>
> None of us are going to quietly give up addiction to bloodlust,
> and will forever nightsweat insults and succumb to the urge to
> do vainglorious battle for vaporware honor.
>
> Dementia, due, as ever, to miseducation, haywire ambition,
> filmic fantasies of glory and immortality, dampened only by
> inevitable glandular wind-down.
>
> Is this dustup really about the faults of likeminded C2 and
> Dimitri, or our shared need for diversion from dread of
> disappearance without a trace?
>
> Billy Sunday

I think Tim May is cool, except when he flames me for now reason.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM