1997-10-03 - Re: Stronghold

Header Data

From: Alan <alan@ctrl-alt-del.com>
To: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Message Hash: be70f2913c6c03dc0559985b36b666d9a6e9e56f17b4262f89f702c6f0005ea9
Message ID: <3.0.3.32.19971003094023.0352ea6c@ctrl-alt-del.com>
Reply To: <199710021247.OAA00552@basement.replay.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-03 17:00:48 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 01:00:48 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan <alan@ctrl-alt-del.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 01:00:48 +0800
To: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Subject: Re: Stronghold

At 10:45 AM 10/2/97 EDT, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

>> Amazingly, C2Net doesn't like to see its product publicly slandered
>> by reptiles like Vulis.  If Vulis' opinion were based on anything
>> other than personal ill will - ie, if he had ever actually downloaded
>> and examined Stronghold and found any problems with it - he would have
>> a leg to stand on.  As it is, his allegations are completely unfounded.
>
>If this were true, then C2Net would encourage me to publicly present whatever
>"evidence" I have so they'd be able to refute it.  This is not what they
>asked me to do.

But it is what you *SHOULD* do.  If you have evidence, then present it.  If
not, then you are just blowing smoke and FUD.

C2Net should have demanded proof instead of getting defensive.  That
worries me, not because of "hidden backdoors", but because it shows lack of
confidence in their own products. But lack of confidence has nothing to do
with actual strength of the product.

>> > Please keep this in mind if you consider buying it.
>>
>> Keep in mind that anything Vulis says is in all likelihood a complete
>> lie.
>
>Keep in mind that "anonymous" is probably an employee of C2Net.  Several of
>C2Net's shills used to post C2Net propaganda withouy revealing their C2Net
>affiliation; they switched to anonymous remailers when their nyms were
exposed.

Well, I am *NOT* an employee of C2Net.

Put up or shut up.

If you have evidence, then show it.

This "stronghold is weak" rant sounds much like the Creationists on
talk.origins.  They make pronouncements and then expect others to disprove
them.  The real world does not work like that. (I guess they do not teach
the scientific method at any school you have ever attended. Or maybe you
just skipped class...)

I personally think the reason you do not show it is because you do not HAVE
any evidence.

You have lied about people to justify your petty little hatreds before.
(Accusing people you do not know of child mollestation is an old favorite
of yours.)  This one seems to fall into that category as well.

If you do have evidence and refuse to post it, then you are just helping
C2Net.

---
|              "That'll make it hot for them!" - Guy Grand               |
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com/~alan/       |alan@ctrl-alt-del.com|

Thread