1997-10-03 - Re: Stronghold

Header Data

From: Jeff Barber <jeffb@issl.atl.hp.com>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net (Cypherpunks List)
Message Hash: f6fb5fb0b11ee5d8e9615c08eb1bb762aa4246bc0bf8a56487b08f5918d5d783
Message ID: <199710031359.JAA17350@jafar.issl.atl.hp.com>
Reply To: <RqRyDe2w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-03 14:03:16 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 22:03:16 +0800

Raw message

From: Jeff Barber <jeffb@issl.atl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 22:03:16 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net (Cypherpunks List)
Subject: Re: Stronghold

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM writes:

> Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to> writes:

> > Where do people get these bizarre ideas? C2 didn't censor the list. A guy
> > who happened to work for C2 dropped some messages from one list. The
> > messages still went out on the unfiltered list.

> Lucky is lying: the censored articles were also filtered from the list which
> was billed as being unfiltered.

This is revisionist history.  I can't recall any intimation at the
time that any messages were filtered from the unfiltered list.

Obviously I can't say whether _all_ the censored articles came out
on the unfiltered list.  But I do know that I received at least one
message from Vulis with an unsubstantiated allegation [of a secret
backdoor, I think?] in Stronghold on the unfiltered list, as well as
some later complaints from Vulis that Sandy's filtering was unfair
and hypocritical.  Unfortunately I didn't save the original message--
I just wrote it off as the typical Vulis spew.

-- Jeff

Thread