1997-11-19 - Re: Report on UN conference on Internet and racism

Header Data

From: Jon Galt <jongalt@pinn.net>
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 5ec800bfda68bf476971bb61942e5e4f7d29f54f5deaafe5e4a09880c32edb45
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.971119091809.13910B-100000@everest.pinn.net>
Reply To: <v0310280eb0981fb7af46@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-19 14:41:59 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 22:41:59 +0800

Raw message

From: Jon Galt <jongalt@pinn.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 22:41:59 +0800
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: Report on UN conference on Internet and racism

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Tim May wrote:
> I hope you were not suggesting a long drawn-out court case, with lawyers
> paid for by the taxpayers, to decide that which is patently obvious?
>
> --Tim May

I have read quite a few of your messages related to this, Tim, and I find
it quite interesting that the quintessential Crypto Anarchist has such a
conservative attitude.

Long drawn out court cases are not "paid for by taxpayers".  They are
paid for by the government, which happens to have stolen the funds from
its victims (taxpayers).

Why does the fact that they (the government) have initiated force against
you (or stolen from / taxed you) somehow imply that they now have an
obligation to further their crimes by initiating force against others?

Jon Galt
e-mail:  jongalt@pinn.net
website:  http://www.pinn.net/~jongalt/
PGP public key available on my website.