1997-11-22 - Re: Jim Bell’s Sentencing Delayed Again

Header Data

From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
To: Igor Chudov <ichudov@Algebra.COM>
Message Hash: 700e954453d1174f7c54d17244e2162b478173ee3fbd5bed91ad58d027acf33a
Message ID: <347671F0.6BCE@dev.null>
Reply To: <199711220508.XAA12104@manifold.algebra.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-22 05:53:13 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 13:53:13 +0800

Raw message

From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 13:53:13 +0800
To: Igor Chudov <ichudov@Algebra.COM>
Subject: Re: Jim Bell's Sentencing Delayed Again

Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> Looks like Jim has been sentenced to 10 years without the right
> to correspondence.
>
> To those who do not understand the cultural connotations of this
> phrase, I will explain. During Stalin's purges around 1937...

Fucking wonderful...
As Robert Heidegger explains to us that everything is 'roses, roses'
and that predictions of 'doom and gloom' are ludicrous, Igor begins
emerging as the Chief CypherPunks SpokesPerson, based on his knowledge
of the Stalin era and its accompanying atrocities.

I *love* this prison camp!

TruthMonger

> a lot of
> people were arrested and nothing could be found out about them --
> not even when they were held. Their relatives were later notified that
> the prisoners were sentenced to 10 years without the right to
> correspondence.
>
> That was an euphemism for being executed.
>
> I would not be surprized if Jim committed a "suicide". With the advance
> of modern psychology and psychotropic drugs, that could even be a true
> suicide, done without physical assistance of Jim's captors.
>
> Or Jim might suddenly die of "heart attack".
>
> In fact, I am willing to bet 40 cents against a dollar that Jim will
> notg et out of jail alive.
>
> igor
>
> John Young wrote:
> >

> > Jim Bell was scheduled to be sentenced today at 9:30 AM.
> > I called the court's ever-helpful administrative office
> > (1-253-593-6754) for a report and was told that sentencing
> > had been postponed until December 12, 10:30AM.
> >
> > Other info:
> >
> > Mail sent to Jim (not by me) since his request for books has
> > been returned twice that I know about
> >
> > Books sent to Kitsap County jail, where he was first incarcerated,
> > was returned marked "Not in Jail."
> >
> > After this an inquiry to the court was made about Jim's
> > location (not by me) and it was learned that he had been
> > transferred to Federal Detention Center at SeaTac, WA.
> > A letter sent there recently was returned unopened, marked
> > "Return to Writer."
> >
> > The court docket today at 8:00PM does not list his relocation
> > nor the new sentencing date. However, entries usually appear
> > a day or so after an action:
> >
> >    http://jya.com/jimbell-dock3.htm
> >
> > Perhaps one of our legal subscribers could comment on what's
> > going on with these repeated delays in sentencing, especially
> > whether it's common to do so after a plea agreement is reached.
> >
> > Now, scuttlebutt: a person at a Seattle legal document service
> > told me today that another case is coming up similar to Jim's
> > that also alleges "intimidation of IRS officials." Whether that
> > relates to delays in Jim's case is a mystery inside an enigma.
> >

>         - Igor.

Thread