1997-11-22 - Re: Jim Bell’s Sentencing Delayed Again

Header Data

From: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: tcmay@got.net (Tim May)
Message Hash: bdc02b3394e4ee8acd6e5b6797d3f2516b8d78d4ba261f431257e405918b1cfa
Message ID: <199711221419.IAA03664@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <v0310280cb09c1b3bec4b@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-22 14:28:24 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 22:28:24 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 22:28:24 +0800
To: tcmay@got.net (Tim May)
Subject: Re: Jim Bell's Sentencing Delayed Again

Tim May wrote:
> At 11:03 PM -0700 11/21/97, Greg Broiles wrote:
> >I'm starting to favor the explanation which suggests that Jim will be
> >testifying at the trial(s) or before grand juries in other matters - and
> >that his sentencing is postponed to ensure his cooperation, and that the
> >defense isn't squealing about the successive postponements because that's
> >seen as more favorable than receiving a sentence of many, many months in
> >the event of noncooperation. I'm reluctant to finger anyone as a "snitch"
>
> This is what I fear, too.
>
> I now regret any "help" I provided him in adding crypto and digital cash to
> his plans. (When I first came into contact with him, he had utterly zero
> knowledge of how crypto worked, and how it could ultimately be used. His
> "wonderful idea" was cheesy, built on nothing but hot air. But once certain
> ideas were explained to him, his system became actually workable, albeit
> not actually extant.)

I wish I provided Jim Bell with assistance. Jim Bell is cool.

Aside from all that, expecting a person NOT to break in the hands
of skilled mind-breakers is unreasonable.

90% of us would break. The worst thing to prisoners is hope.

	- Igor.

Thread