1997-11-18 - Re: How anonymous?

Header Data

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
To: Anonymous <anon@anon.efga.org>
Message Hash: 9b35f7fe477a328bbcb74673db42335acbbe8492f9525be702a2cedbde805c36
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.3.91.971117211842.25093D-100000@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Reply To: <145e152a12d12c409f67fd9e4aaa33f4@anon.efga.org>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-18 03:53:41 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 11:53:41 +0800

Raw message

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 11:53:41 +0800
To: Anonymous <anon@anon.efga.org>
Subject: Re: How anonymous?

It would seem that if you are able to profile Dick's writing style to
such a degree that you can verify that a post is from Dick, then I can
profile Dick's writing style in such a way as to accurately mimic Dick.
On the other hand, if you knew Dick, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Anonymous wrote:

> > It seems that if Dick has a certain vocabulary,
> > uses a certain sentence structure, etc., and
> > regularly posts using a nym, that this form and
> > content could be traced to Dick, so the likelihood
> > of the post coming from him and not Jane would
> > be that much increased.
>
> This is true.  Probably most people know who I am.

Thread