1997-11-12 - FREE PSYCHOANLYSIS NIGHT ON THE CYPHERPUNKS LIST!!! / Re: Br’er Tim and the Bug Hole

Header Data

From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
To: Kent Krispin <kent@songbird.com>
Message Hash: aee1843bd0d47cb4b4f8983d5d9baf8c6dc50c669067d7256c7ecbcd8a32f2c2
Message ID: <34698507.19B5@dev.null>
Reply To: <v03110741b08e51241192@[139.167.130.248]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-12 10:39:39 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 18:39:39 +0800

Raw message

From: TruthMonger <tm@dev.null>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 18:39:39 +0800
To: Kent Krispin <kent@songbird.com>
Subject: FREE PSYCHOANLYSIS NIGHT ON THE CYPHERPUNKS LIST!!! / Re: Br'er Tim and the Bug Hole

Kent Krispin wrote:
> Robert Hettinga wrote:
> > I call 'em as I see 'em, Tim. Actually, I would probably call what I said
> > there an "amateur psychological diagnosis". :-). Your mileage may vary.
> > That's what I get for indulging in the pseudoscience of psychology, I
> > suppose.
>
> Speaking of which...

> Tim, like many, rationalizes his simmering anger by blaming it all on
> the "bastids in the gubmit".  But it doesn't take much insight to see
> that there is something a little deeper going on, something a little
> sad.
> [...]

  Since Dr. Crispin, like old Doc Hettinga, is making claims of being
able to recognize the subtle nuances of the psychological states of
other list members (patient May, in particular), I wonder if Kent is
equally adept at spotting the subtle psychological inferences in a

~~~
  I agree with Tim (whether he said yet it, or not) that the 'feared'
is quickly becoming the 'undeniable.' The speed and volume of the
'openly blatant' lies and increasingly recognizable 'hidden agendas'
is reaching a point where I am tempted to show my Crayola Conspiracy
Charts (TM) to the normal folks down at the bar and see if they
finally start nodding their heads, instead of laughing riotously.
  It's damn near like a good horror movie, where the nice people are
all still laughing and drinking champagne, but the darkly disturbing
cello sounds in the background are being emmitted with increasing
frequency, like the growing birth pains of the bewildered lady
who is about to give birth to the CypherPunk From Hell.
  ("We plan to name the baby Dimitri, if it's a boy, and Kent, if
    it's a girl. <sorry--couldn't resist>)
~~~

(Subtle Hint: PENIS ENVY! PENIS ENVY!)

TOnight...the Band! / TOmorrow...the Dog!

Thread