1997-12-03 - Re: Bill Stewart kills babies after he molests them. Honest! /

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a4bc7297c02064fe7a32c8dbdd687d7d70b7c7e0dd38e0b3a6d14205373147cb
Message ID: <Lc15ge34w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <3.0.3.32.19971203025104.00740bfc@popd.ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-03 13:30:51 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 21:30:51 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 21:30:51 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Bill Stewart kills babies after he molests them. Honest! /

Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com> writes:

> The real problem, besides the emotional distress some people feel
> at the abuse they get in response to forged postings,
> and the potential loss of reputation capital, is that people
> keep trying to call their ISP to get them shut down,
> and some ISPs do this sort of thing, squashing abusive-sounding customers
> first and asking questions later.  Ok, soon-to-be-ex customers...

Yes, this is one of the problems. Earlier this year pedophile Chris Lewis
from Northern Telecom forged a bunch of spam e-mail to look like it came
from dm.com (my domain).  I got about 500 obnoxious e-mails, which I
semi-automatically responded to, and had a rather unpleasant conversation
with the assholes at my upstrea (PSI): "If you prove that this e-mail didn't
originate at your site, you will not be held responsible".

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM