1998-01-19 - ‘Twas brillig, and the vetter seems to boost haywire

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: a1a93146e0b486082e0e01223ebad50408735a216114d8d88d6600be10b8d375
Message ID: <v03102802b0e982e90a43@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <1.5.4.32.19980119032518.00b1fda4@pop.pipeline.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-01-19 22:38:46 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 06:38:46 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 06:38:46 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: 'Twas brillig, and the vetter seems to boost haywire

At 2:04 PM -0800 1/19/98, Ray Arachelian wrote:
>On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, John Young wrote:
>
>> There's vetting but mawky pleas swing
>> the censor, indeed, the vetter seems to boost haywire to keep the
>> mad buying. Is that not a Brit legacy, too?
>
>Erm, my universal gibberish translator is back for repairs from heavy
>damage by Toto's weird postings... 'could you translate the above
>paragraph for those of us in English speaking lands?

I used Alta Vista's Translation Service at
http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/cgi-bin/translate? and selected the
"Youngspeak to English" option, with this slightly more comprehensible
result:

"There vetting, but mawky pretexts swing the censor indeed cousins seem to
load haywire in order to hold the furious purchase. Isn't that a legacy
Brit, also?"

I think it is saying something about how our British cousins get furious
when then have to buy censored legacy applications and the slithey toves
did gyre and gimble in the wabe.

--Tim May