1998-01-07 - Re: cypherpunks and guns

Header Data

From: “snow” <snow@smoke.suba.com>
To: isparkes@q9f47.dmst02.telekom.de (Ian Sparkes)
Message Hash: ff4cae64a22d9eda526e0883087d21f2b44a7929e6571c76ab3959f859fb032c
Message ID: <199801070729.BAA01812@smoke.suba.com>
Reply To: <3.0.2.32.19980106144257.006f0fec@q9f47.dmst02.telekom.de>
UTC Datetime: 1998-01-07 06:39:34 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 14:39:34 +0800

Raw message

From: "snow" <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 14:39:34 +0800
To: isparkes@q9f47.dmst02.telekom.de (Ian Sparkes)
Subject: Re: cypherpunks and guns

> >that by 100 million armed citizens and you see that armed civilian
> >resistance *can* defeat an occupying army.
> The "enemy within" seems to be the main focus of the discussions in
> the CP list. When the 'luckless squad that happens your way' is
> manned by your countrymen at the command of their (and your)
> government, what then?

	You answered your own question. Fight smarter, not harder. Kill
the brains and the body would follow.

> This is from the standpoint of a 'sissy' European. I admit I am
> poorly equipped to comment on the American Zeitgeist. However, my
> experience of civil war victims (refugees from the E-bloc) suggests
> that we should be concentrating on social revolution before we tool
> up for military. There is more to be won, with a potentially much
> lower cost.

	Any kind of social revolution will be co-opted, destroyed, or
rendered useless by the people at the top. What it needed is a continuance
of the technical revolution.

Thread