1998-02-06 - Re: FW: SEC Rule Announcement

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
To: “Trei, Peter” <ptrei@securitydynamics.com>
Message Hash: 8571b2ec5c4d53dcf757650a8daa054bbdc04cd2347589b779a001e92eb5221d
Message ID: <v03007803b101146bc8fc@[168.161.105.216]>
Reply To: <6B5344C210C7D011835C0000F8012766010035B3@exna01.securitydynamics.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-02-06 20:18:04 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 04:18:04 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 04:18:04 +0800
To: "Trei, Peter" <ptrei@securitydynamics.com>
Subject: Re: FW: SEC Rule Announcement

Peter is quite right that the interesting part is HOME computers. It's the
Electronic Messaging Association, BTW. My article with comments from them,
SEC, NASD, ACLU, etc. is at:

   http://cgi.pathfinder.com/netly/opinion/0,1042,1731,00.html

The SEC may have approved a rule that violates federal law.

-Declan

At 17:00 -0500 2/4/98, Trei, Peter wrote:
>[sorry if you get this twice - pt]
>
>I have not been able to confirm the claim in this letter - the EMA
>does not seem to have a web site. Note that it refers to
>employers monitoring employee's HOME computers.
>
>Peter Trei

Thread