1998-02-09 - Re: Soft Tempest

Header Data

From: Ryan Lackey <rdl@mit.edu>
To: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Message Hash: a699e878d24c9d140f3c0598cddf679b5a1f97d72e72b858ef75580f0e7c2b0f
Message ID: <tw7k9b5uzhy.fsf@the-great-machine.mit.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 13:29:38 +0800

Raw message

From: Ryan Lackey <rdl@mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 13:29:38 +0800
To: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: Soft Tempest

Anyone interested in working on this for linux?  It should be fairly
trivial to modify the linux console drivers, disk driver, and possibly
keyboard driver to take these changes into account.  At the same time,
it might be nice to add the permanence counters for RAM and magnetic
media.

I'm a bit busy until at least after FC '98, or I'd do it myself.  One
of my goals is to keep my laptop as secure as possible, and that's
an application where TEMPEST shielding is rather prohibitive.
--
Ryan Lackey
rdl@mit.edu

Thread