1998-02-20 - Re: putting down the US military

Header Data

From: “Attila T. Hun” <attila@hun.org>
To: rantproc <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net>
Message Hash: ec5d35220be5bdb92e895f1d33dece4526794fa45b715c9952fc849bb9bcc048
Message ID: <19980220.013910.attila@hun.org>
Reply To: <v0310280db1128853d74c@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1998-02-20 02:55:08 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 10:55:08 +0800

Raw message

From: "Attila T. Hun" <attila@hun.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 10:55:08 +0800
To: rantproc <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net>
Subject: Re: putting down the US military

on or about 980219:1723, in <v0310280db1128853d74c@[207.167.93.63]>,
    Tim May <tcmay@got.net> was purported to have
    expostulated to perpetuate an opinion:

at 980219:1723, Tim May wrote:

>"Personal offense"?  Gee, I'm crushed.  (Attila, you wrote such
>a nice rant about fascist Amerika...then decided to be
>"offended" when your predictable hot button was pressed:  any
>criticism of the military and any cheering of its defeats.  So
>predictable.)

    No, Tim, not predictable --your cheers are misplaced.

    Amerika is fascist at best; we do not have the government
    my ancestors, and probably yours, fought to create 222 years
    ago. today's Federal Hamiltonian style central government
    does not qualify as a republic, at best it is a plutocracy.

    No, my objection is _where_ you place your cheers. we need
    to bring down the fascists, not kill our fighting men, most
    of whom still believe in America the Beautiful, not the
    cesspool you and I and the rest know it has become. we
    almost had a military arrest of Clinton for treason in his
    first term, but a number of key generals and admirals were
    killed.

    turn your cheers at American defeats into jears to the heart
    of the problem in Washington.

    I'm not advocating a sapper, but somebody better wake the
    serfs.

>Eggs have to be broken to make omelettes

    yes, but there is an unlimited supply of eggs in the minds
    of the politicians; they'll go on until they are gone, then
    shrug their shoulders and say: "we tried...."

    if the US suffers some really significant defeat, that will
    be the excuse for martial law and we will see more than the
    Admirality flag flying in every U.S. courtroom (courtesy of
    FDR and 08 Mar 33).

    If we run out of eggs, we will be overrun; and I may post
    a significant historical document, overlooked by all but a
    few, on that point.

    Amerika is fast heading towards moral bankruptcy because
    "it feels good" --just like the dog who licks his balls
    because he can.

> aircraft carriers have to be sunk
>(my fondest wish for Operation Wag the Dog),

    5,000 men to teach a whoring asshole like Clinton what?

    if Saddam, or friends, sinks a carrier, the asshole will
    nuke the middle east while every Joe Couch Potato screams
    for blood --then what?

>War is hell.  Nothing new there.

    never was and never will be. and war should be avoided at
    all costs.

    if the US was a good friend overseas instead of the greedy
    bastards and manipulators they have been most of this entire
    century, every country in the world would not hate the U.S.
    --except maybe the Brits. Amerika has destabilized close to
    90% of the world governments at one point of another in this
    century, including the Labour government preceding Thatcher.

    check the list of foreign policy failures in the mideast
    which I just posted.  the American fools put every one of
    the now anti-US bastards in power: Syria, Iraq, Libya,
    Jordon, and previously Iran, Egypt, and Lebanon. Britain
    kicked the Palestinians off the land they farmed since the
    diaspora --almost 2,000 years, and now the U.S props up both
    Israel and the PLO (half-heartedly, which is more than the
    rest of the Arabs do for Arafat, other than noise). The most
    stupid action after world war 2 was to permit Britain to
    establish Israel --only exceeded by our stupidity of
    continuing to support a pig like Bibbi.

    Amerika has made so many enemies overseas with its Pax
    Americana policies that we do not have enough soldiers to
    be the world's policemen --and we should never have been
    in that position in the first place, except Amerika has
    always been the home of the free --the freedom to rape,
    pillage, and burn your fellow man, particularly if they
    are someplace else.

>To _not_ want the U.S. to be taught a lesson just because it
>means some soldiers must die as part of the lesson (else there
>is no lesson, of course) is to let the USG do anything it wants.

    no, the issue is to rectify the situation at the root: the
    cesspool. everyone one of us, regardless of our beliefs, is
    responsible for the meglomaniacs in our government. if those
    of us with supposed intelligence can not get Joe Couch
    Potato off his ass --whose fault is it?  Clinton will get
    them off their collective asses if an aircraft carrier goes
    down --even if he scuttles it.

>Get used to it.  When Johhnie or Hans or Sergei goes to war,
>he may die.  And perhaps because of Cypherpunks technologies.
>All part of the scheme of things.

    doesn't need to be...

    I am too well aware of what I have contributed first in
    black ops and then in technology until I got smart enough
    20+ years ago to refuse any direct military work. even so,
    it does not help withholding (but it feels good); high-tech
    only kills more with less effort.

>        Tim gets to say his piece,
>>        and we get to lump it      --or lump Tim.
>
>Another empty threat from Attila?

    no, Tim, not at all, just a cheap pun!  someday maybe I'll
    even be creative enough to coin a new "Dew Drop Inn"

    I'll defend to the death your right to say whatever you
    wish; obviously, I also reserve the right to bitch!

Thread