1998-07-28 - Re: MItSchill Millhouse Holler’in

Header Data

From: attila <attila@hun.org>
To: “S. M. Halloran” <mitch@duzen.com.tr>
Message Hash: b7ff7bcfe5bb8a8cea1410ae4c45a99794b9d3ddc7f0138f89b97be6f71edb6b
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.3.96.980728182712.858B-100000@hun.org>
Reply To: <199807281629.TAA25772@ankara.192.168.3.5>
UTC Datetime: 1998-07-28 19:22:56 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 12:22:56 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: attila <attila@hun.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 12:22:56 -0700 (PDT)
To: "S. M. Halloran" <mitch@duzen.com.tr>
Subject: Re: MItSchill Millhouse Holler'in

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, S. M. Halloran wrote:

    [smoke the balderdash]

>I really am enjoying this.  I had apparently a great deal of spare time in
>the dog days of summer to humor the paranoids of the list although I was
>rather dreading the consequences.

    	are you paranoid?  "dread" is a contributing factor to paranoia.

	dog days of summer --are you nuts? or just referring to Toto again?

>*** Object Lesson:  NEVER ARGUE WITH AN INSANE INDIVIDUAL ***

	yes, I see you are arguing with yourself. how do you look in
	the mirror?  have you found the Mad Hatter and the gerrymanderer?
	if the gerrymanderer cuts your "table" in two, which half will
	you be?

	you did not learn the most important lesson of the series: you
	must resort to the state of "crazy" to avoid going "insane".
	they give the insane Haldol if they are lucky, a lobotomy if
	that doesnt settle them down --witness Ken Kesey's "Cuckoo".

>1. You can never come to a compromise or even win:  it requires that the
>two sides be possessed of reason, and you have only half of what you need.

	you got that one right! why dont you have _any_ reason for your
	intransigence?

	is it true you're several cards short of a full deck? and, there
	was some question as to your response to: "...and you said the
	last time you beat your wife was last Saturday?"

>2. There is a risk that you just might start believing what that
>individual believes, especially when you start conceding small points that
>appear to be the truth.  (Don't be fooled.)

	are you trying to imply that small lies are the foundation
	blocks of great truths?

	cowardly.  see Dorothy for counseling.

	great truths are built on small truths and fallacies are destroyed
 	with small lies that the little boy in Holland did not cover with
	his finger.

>3. It reduces you to a less dignified state before your peers.  And
>appearance is everything.  Remember:  Style, not substance.  Form, not
>structure.

	aaahh, I see you are the emporer with your new clothes!

>While in substance it is generally all the same, it still amazes
>the observer that one will find that smelling one's own is somehow less
>disgusting than smelling someone else's.   --Anonymous

    a disgusting comment which fits a research (bio)chemist in Turkey
    where birth control reminds me of:

   	the father of the bride, who was marrying a Turk, told her that
	she was not required to submit to the Turkish indecencies, and
	if her about to be husband told her to "roll over", she should
	refuse.

	everything was fine for about a year until one night the husband
	told her to "roll over" --she refused; and when questioned, she
	told him what her father had said. his reply was quite simple:
	"but you do wish to become pregnant, dont you?"

    To be a ruler of men, you need at least 12 inches....

Thread