1998-09-09 - Re: Citizenship silliness. Re: e$: crypto-expatriatism

Header Data

From: “William H. Geiger III” <whgiii@invweb.net>
To: Petro <petro@playboy.com>
Message Hash: 04608d029c8eb41580ccacdba813d58d482b0ee96b5ddf1b1d72b4b2bcedda27
Message ID: <199809092151.RAA07697@domains.invweb.net>
Reply To: <v0311070bb21c8458165b@[206.189.103.244]>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-09 08:50:26 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 16:50:26 +0800

Raw message

From: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@invweb.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 16:50:26 +0800
To: Petro <petro@playboy.com>
Subject: Re: Citizenship silliness.  Re: e$: crypto-expatriatism

In <v0311070bb21c8458165b@[206.189.103.244]>, on 09/09/98
   at 02:15 PM, Petro <petro@playboy.com> said:

>	Ok, I'm rewriting history, you say IN THE SAME POST:

>The UN resolution divided up the land based on population and gave each
>group their own country.

>	--and--

>The Jews that emigrated to Trans-Jordan/Palestine *purchased* the land
>from the Arabs that were living there.

>	So tell me, is there a difference between being _told_ you will sell
>your house and move, and deciding you really would prefer to live
>elsewhere?

Yes it is quite obvious that there is a difference from being *forced* to
give up your land, and willingly selling it. As I said before NO ONE WAS
FORCED OFF THEIR LAND until after the war that the arabs started. When war
did start it was the arabs that were trying to use FORCE to push the Jews
off of the land that they had legally purchased!!

>Oh, and when this artifical coutry was set up, did EVERYONE
>have equal say in the government, or were certain Northern Europeans of
>jewish faith considered more equal. Of course, being given the short end
>of the political and economic stick couldn't be considered an
>incitement.

Please explain why Israel is an "artificial" country while the rest of the
countries from the old Ottoman Empire were not? How much say did EVERYONE
have when the British set up KINGDOMS in countries like Saudi Arabia,
Jordan, Egypt? Until recently Israel was the *ONLY* democracy in that
region. IIRC Jordan and Egypt are the only arab countries that practice
any form of democracy at all (and Jordan still has a powerfull king as its
head of state).

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://www.openpgp.net

OS/2 PGP 5.0 at: http://www.openpgp.net/pgp.html

Tag-O-Matic: OS/2 means...CURTAINS for Windows!

Thread