1998-09-27 - Re: Why do we need remailers, anyway?

Header Data

From: Reeza! <howree@cable.navy.mil>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 2a4747520c1bc1030b76e7c98b270d816005a73d908ce8b2e2ba02fcbb2523d5
Message ID: <3.0.5.32.19980928085236.008348b0@205.83.192.13>
Reply To: <20463d5af58cdf2759d132cedbdcfa02@anonymous>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-27 09:50:17 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 17:50:17 +0800

Raw message

From: Reeza! <howree@cable.navy.mil>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 17:50:17 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: Why do we need remailers, anyway?

At 02:25 AM 9/27/98 -0700, Anonymous wrote:

>Hello? This is an old topic, but what the heck...
>
>There is a concept cypherpunks have called "Blacknet", which is an
>organisation that sells profiles of prospective employees based on
>their public comments on the Internet.
>
>This allows employers to filter out undesirables who might or might
>not have outgrown their rebellious youth. (You can never be too safe!)
>
>Now, there are laws making discrimination illegal. But it's hard to *prove*
>that an employer based its decision on BlackNet files, isn't it....
>
>The cypherpunk philosophy is to rely on technology to solve the problem,
rather
>than rely on the government (or anyone else). Cypherpunks write code.
>
>-- an anonymous aol32 user.

You would seem to defend the First Adulterer/Purjurer, you question why I
call him this, but you don't want your employer to know that you support
the existing regime?

Yours is a curious blend of half-truths and inane justifications, with a
little in-your-face spitefulness.

As someone else pointed out, even this thread is a secondary issue.
I'm recycling the electrons you sent to me.

Reeza!

"...The world was on fire, but no one could save me but you...
	Strange what desire will make foolish people do...
		(and the background vocalists sang)
			This world is only gonna break your heart...."

					==C.I.==

Thread