1998-09-26 - Why do we need remailers, anyway?

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nobody@anon.olymp.org>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 38f7791b61fcb6fc8c3afadc2a1e2b7a47449704a93b48786a8181d3a5a43a9a
Message ID: <20463d5af58cdf2759d132cedbdcfa02@anonymous>
Raw Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 04:22:06 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nobody@anon.olymp.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 04:22:06 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Why do we need remailers, anyway?

At 23 Sep 1998 04:27:46 Reeza! wrote:
> anonymouse, 32 bit aohell to boot. you must feel very safe. Yours is hardly
> the type of post that might necessitate the use of a remailer, so it should
> be safe to assume you haven't the courage to stand behind your words, even
> as mild as they are.
>
> Fuck you too. I suggest you discuss your lack of a spine with the maker.
> See the above for instructions to meet the maker.
>
> Reeza!

Hello? This is an old topic, but what the heck...

There is a concept cypherpunks have called "Blacknet", which is an
organisation that sells profiles of prospective employees based on
their public comments on the Internet.

This allows employers to filter out undesirables who might or might
not have outgrown their rebellious youth. (You can never be too safe!)

Now, there are laws making discrimination illegal. But it's hard to *prove*
that an employer based its decision on BlackNet files, isn't it....

The cypherpunk philosophy is to rely on technology to solve the problem, rather
than rely on the government (or anyone else). Cypherpunks write code.

-- an anonymous aol32 user.

Thread