1998-09-11 - Re: Clinton’s fake apologies

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: Michael Motyka <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 30b4aca42db81e786c88a7f208e86be33ebd4e02c117b51f38c482224db7f2ec
Message ID: <199809121230.IAA15602@mail1.panix.com>
Reply To: <199809112128.OAA14441@zendia.mentat.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-11 23:35:48 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 07:35:48 +0800

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 07:35:48 +0800
To: Michael Motyka <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: Clinton's fake apologies

At 04:35 PM 9/11/98 -0700, Michael Motyka wrote:

>It's worse than not impressive: it's PATHETIC. I thought we'd have 425
>pages of real output relating to the last 6 years of "work" and 25 pages
>of Monica. I'd rather finance $600 toilet seats and $1200 gold-plated
>hammers with my tax money than Starr's brand of open political warfare.
>It's simple, partisan, Rottweiler politics. The kind of stuff that makes
>you leave your shoes outside the door when you get home at night.

Save that the impeachment of a president is not the main job of the OIC.  He is supposed to 1) Investigate, 2) Indict, and 3) Report to the AG and the 3-judge panel that appointed him.  If he stumbles across evidence of impeachable offenses he can send a report to the House but that is a SIDE job.

Starr took 8 months to go from zero to "evidence of impeachable offenses" in  Fornigate.  The rest of the investigation continues.  He has 5 different areas of responsibility.  He submitted Monica to the House because he had rock solid proof that Clinton is a lying sack of shit and a multiple felon.  Something we knew years ago but couldn't prove.

With KKKlinton, you don't shoot unless you have an elephant gun.

DCF

Thread