1998-09-21 - Re: This is a listed crime?

Header Data

From: Michael Motyka <mmotyka@lsil.com>
To: Information Security <guy@panix.com>
Message Hash: 8cdb39cb528cafc7db7ca71bda30c1a5880618ee248995bb370a1c0a4f5d56ce
Message ID: <360687E1.2F94@lsil.com>
Reply To: <199809210818.EAA08107@panix7.panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-21 04:05:07 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 12:05:07 +0800

Raw message

From: Michael Motyka <mmotyka@lsil.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 12:05:07 +0800
To: Information Security <guy@panix.com>
Subject: Re: This is a listed crime?

Information Security wrote:

> #   Bin Laden has suffered other setbacks recently. On Wednesday night, the
> #   FBI arrested Wadih el Hage, an Arlington, Texas man who law enforcement
> #   officials charge worked with bin Laden and Al-Din in Sudan, and with
> #   Fazil in Kenya from 1994 to 1997. He has been charged with lying to the
> #   FBI about his relationship with other bin Laden operatives, including a
> #   senior bin Laden lieutenant who drowned in a 1996 ferryboat accident in
> #   Tanzania.
>
> Is "lying to the FBI" a law on the books, or is the actual
> charge something else?
> ---guy
Not in my book but look very carefully at INS law. It may have to do
with documentation generated during his admission to the country rather
than after. INS law, to a nonlawyer, looks like the Constitution can be
held at arm's length. Still sounds pretty shaky. After all, who
remembers everything? I can't even remember what I had for supper last
night no less the names of all the people I've worked with in the last
few years.

Thread