1998-09-17 - Re: Mobile phone tracking, pagers, etc

Header Data

From: Chip Mefford <cmefford@video.avwashington.com>
To: Dave Emery <die@pig.die.com>
Message Hash: efb92c63807bfcd4b105b76aec86778bb63a2eaa11bb46041c2461e90d860d73
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.95.980918081019.15546H-100000@video.avwashington.com>
Reply To: <19980917222329.A1364@die.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-17 23:24:57 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 07:24:57 +0800

Raw message

From: Chip Mefford <cmefford@video.avwashington.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 07:24:57 +0800
To: Dave Emery <die@pig.die.com>
Subject: Re: Mobile phone tracking, pagers, etc

Actually,

there seems to be a screw up out  there.

Right now, one can go down the 7/11, and pay
cash for a prepaid cellphone, and renew it with
cellphone time cards also purchased with cash.

No paperwork, NONE.

I have one.

While all of the technology applies, and certainly it is possible
to determine things by analyzing calling habits, I can't see how one
can easily determine who has cellphone #blahblahblahblahblah when
you just bought a box at an out of town 7/11 during the breakfast
rush with cash.

Esp if one doesn't make a lot of calls.

Thread