1998-09-08 - Re: Citizenship silliness. Re: e$: crypto-expatriatism

Header Data

From: Ryan Lackey <rdl@MIT.EDU>
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: f00badcd829e15f98ec19b2daf6ea4ede71926e00e2ba9ab040aab159fb40a6e
Message ID: <tw71zpmhe9n.fsf@denmark-vesey.MIT.EDU>
Raw Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 22:32:28 +0800

Raw message

From: Ryan Lackey <rdl@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 22:32:28 +0800
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: Citizenship silliness.  Re: e$: crypto-expatriatism

> [gun control laws in other countries being even worse than the US]

Does anyone know of any countries with more reasonable gun laws than the
US?  I vaguely think Israel and Switzerland are better, at least for citizens.
It is one of the major problems I have with Anguilla -- "guns are bad".
I miss my M1A.

I mostly have two classes of guns I'd like to have: air pistol, for
practice and competition, and military-style semiautomatic rifles, for
practice and long-term defense.  Self-defense handguns and shotguns
are somewhat optional.

A country like Switzerland seems ideal, at least as a citizen, given
the reserve requirements.  Mmmm, a nice Hammerli air pistol and
a shiny new HK PSG-1 would make me forget about the M1A I left behind, very
quickly.  Especially with a good daylight scope and an IR scope...  Only
$30k or so for the package with 10k rounds of national match ammo.
--
Ryan Lackey
rdl@mit.edu

Thread