1998-12-15 - Steganography ?

Header Data

From: James Morris <jmorris@intercode.com.au>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 01050cd0d452ff9cf4c39e3082b463bdc5ba4b81c0915279e50899eb1323c426
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.96.981216002518.8692A-100000@aurora.intercode.com.au>
Reply To: <259a896938e4522ccd3d711a4d41f7c9@anonymous>
UTC Datetime: 1998-12-15 14:25:37 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 22:25:37 +0800

Raw message

From: James Morris <jmorris@intercode.com.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 22:25:37 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Steganography ?

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Mixmaster wrote:

> There used to be a web site called "Throwing Sand into the All-Seeing Eye"
> which listed a long list of possible NSA-snooper keywords, such as military
> classifications and code words that could be sent for fun across the
> Internet for sole purpose of being flagged by the NSA.

I imagine they(tm) would have countermeasures for this kind of thing,
given that once they catch a keyword, they know it's source, and have some
idea of the kinds of patterns which are likely to be real communications.

The Web site probably went straight into a junk filter, which would make
it an ideal place to post your secrets from then on :-)

- James.

Thread