1998-12-15 - Re: Steganography ?

Header Data

From: mib <mib@io.com>
To: James Morris <jmorris@intercode.com.au>
Message Hash: b45d0477c81d1a66cbf01c3f2050496ed153908bd10319ac3f96f3caec194af0
Message ID: <19981215080946.B15984@io.com>
Reply To: <259a896938e4522ccd3d711a4d41f7c9@anonymous>
UTC Datetime: 1998-12-15 14:59:16 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 22:59:16 +0800

Raw message

From: mib <mib@io.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 22:59:16 +0800
To: James Morris <jmorris@intercode.com.au>
Subject: Re: Steganography ?

On Wed, Dec 16, 1998 at 12:39:32AM +1100, James Morris wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Mixmaster wrote:
> > There used to be a web site called "Throwing Sand into the All-Seeing Eye"
> > which listed a long list of possible NSA-snooper keywords, such as military
> > classifications and code words that could be sent for fun across the
> > Internet for sole purpose of being flagged by the NSA.
>
> I imagine they(tm) would have countermeasures for this kind of thing,
> given that once they catch a keyword, they know it's source, and have some
> idea of the kinds of patterns which are likely to be real communications.
>
> The Web site probably went straight into a junk filter, which would make
> it an ideal place to post your secrets from then on :-)

Unless that's exactly what they want us to think!

- d.

Thread