1998-12-12 - Re: Postcard Debates

Header Data

From: Robert Wenzler <rwenzler@usachoice.com>
To: “‘cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 5549c1f61fd4db906003906b048b5b6ef3d276c37eaef153d4a28f273fa4a6c0
Message ID: <3671C566.58034F05@usachoice.com>
Reply To: <199812112135.QAA13074@mailfw2.ford.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-12-12 03:05:46 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 11:05:46 +0800

Raw message

From: Robert Wenzler <rwenzler@usachoice.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 11:05:46 +0800
To: "'cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: Postcard Debates

"Wilson, Jamie (J.R.)" wrote:

> Back to a previous question: how do we get the public to understand the
> concept of an "electronic envelope", the ACLU has created a PDF file that
> prints to a brochure format explaining encryption on a level that even the
> novice of users can understand.  It is available at
> http://www.aclu.org/action/tools/crypto.pdf.

Getting that concept across is a slow process. People will want to
stay with what they are familiar with. Right now, I do not know how
to familiarize people to accept an electronic envelope.

Thread