1993-06-04 - snake oil

Header Data

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 44bfcabbaac46436d7d82198377fe61f8e0b4c2061fc833db79ccc573c1b5f7a
Message ID: <9306040106.AA06151@soda.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.3.05.9306031942.B29415-a100000@jupiter>
UTC Datetime: 1993-06-04 01:10:18 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 3 Jun 93 18:10:18 PDT

Raw message

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 93 18:10:18 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: snake oil

>  (As it happens, I happen to
>have what I **think** is a new approach to cyphering,

Post away.  If you upload a copy of the source to the directory
pub/cypherpunks/incoming on the ftp site, I'll make it available to
everyone.

I would like to see this regardless of whether it actually is secure.
It is a well-founded maxim that no one should design a cipher without
having broken a few first.  There is a need, apropos of training the
desginers, for insecure ciphers, not so they can be deployed, but so
that other insecure ciphers will not be.

Eric

Thread