1995-01-22 - Re: “Internetpol”

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@netcom.com>
Message Hash: a283a9bc0aa4269e8a14832950a680d61a90c2fc3d560e8a4cf3d83ce3388d2e
Message ID: <9501222236.AA10096@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9501221412.A8848-0100000@netcom10>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-22 22:37:06 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 22 Jan 95 14:37:06 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 95 14:37:06 PST
To: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: "Internetpol"

"James A. Donald" says:
> On Sun, 22 Jan 1995, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > I spoke with Stuart Baker for a while, during which time he informed
> > me that he didn't think the internet could possibly last
>
> I find that most statists on the internet assume that the internet
> is some kind of government service.
>
> When they discover that it is not, they wonder how it can possibly
> exist, and assume it will soon collapse.

I got the distinct impression that he didn't know that the internet
was in real use by big companies to conduct their daily affairs. When
I asked him if he'd ever heard of Cisco, he said he hadn't; he seemed
slightly suprised when I explained that it was a Fortune 500 company
that basically did nothing but sell internet routing equipment.

I don't know if the bastards are posing or are legitimately ignorant
but either way they are dangerous.

.pm

Thread