1993-06-04 - Work the work!

Header Data

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9b6128a8f94e2b9bbe5b238588ffed0fa46d6307a8e5469bfe50f34f5226a106
Message ID: <9306040154.AA07862@soda.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.3.05.9306032228.F29415-a100000@jupiter>
UTC Datetime: 1993-06-04 01:58:26 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 3 Jun 93 18:58:26 PDT

Raw message

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 93 18:58:26 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Work the work!

>I have shied away from any "political" action against Clipper because I am
>unsure how a Canadian can help...

Preempt government restrictions by fighting for the explicit right to
strong cryptography.  Point out how those foolish folks south are
going to screw themselves over by government mandated cryptography.

One of the arguments that is being made in this country against the
wiretap chip is that it will harm overseas business.  In Canada you
can turn this around and show what a great economic boon you have
available.  You can point out that the US has abandoned their foreign
markets in secure communications, which will, of course, be the only
kind of communications of the future.

Get Northern Telecom on your side.

Eric

Thread