1993-10-27 - Re: a desperate plea

Header Data

From: J. Michael Diehl <mdiehl@triton.unm.edu>
To: rjc@gnu.ai.mit.edu
Message Hash: 21cb2ad40a1e58d21f403625bec1c5eca2737ff76d2c29d1b897bba23bbab17c
Message ID: <9310270558.AA16570@triton.unm.edu>
Reply To: <9310270312.AA08185@kropotkin.gnu.ai.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-27 06:02:37 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 26 Oct 93 23:02:37 PDT

Raw message

From: J. Michael Diehl <mdiehl@triton.unm.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 93 23:02:37 PDT
To: rjc@gnu.ai.mit.edu
Subject: Re: a desperate plea

Well, lets see how many Personal Attacks we can find in this post...

According to rjc@gnu.ai.mit.edu:

> Lefty, go stuff yourself.
> You have all the credibility of Blackwell.
> The only time you ever post a message is to ad hominem someone else.
> You've been doing this for 2+ years on the Extropians list
> -- lurking 99% of the time and only posting when you have a snide comment.

Well, that makes 5 out of 5 so far.  Lets see if we can find more!

(just look  at your last message against wondered)

Wow!  We are 5 for 6.  Not bad..... *NOT*

> If you can't recognize the difference between a silly comment and a real
> murder threat, it's time for you to have a medical check up.

> You nicely illustrate my point anyway.

Well, that's two more!

> I would never make a murder threat face-to-face
> particulary because I have no intention of physically damaging anyone.

And of course I won't even touch this one!

> It is this fact alone which Detweiler, and you need to realize.
>   Threats made over the net are vapor.

And were these even valid comments?  You be the judge.

> Buddha

Ya, right.

Final score: 7 out of the 11 sentences in this post were personal attacks.
This means that 63.6% everything you had to say wrt the orignal post was the
same kind of personal attacks you were complaining about..

J. Michael Diehl   ;^)  |*The 2nd Amendment is there in case the
mdiehl@triton.unm.edu   | Government forgets about the 1st!  <RL>
Mike.Diehl@f29.n301.z1  |*God is a good Physicist, and an even
    .fidonet.org        | better Mathematician.  <Me>
al945@cwns9.ins.cwru.edu|*I'm just looking for the opportunity to
 (505) 299-2282 (voice) | be Politically Incorrect! <Me>
Can we impeach him yet? |*Protected by 18 USC 2511 and 18 USC 2703.

Thread