1993-10-02 - Re: PGP in FIDO

Header Data

From: khijol!erc (Ed Carp)
To: pmetzger@lehman.com
Message Hash: 813e0e4b0ca90801b2f80451b80710a77bb329db1d8e37103ba0a11c223a1356
Message ID: <m0ojGEu-00022EC@khijol>
Reply To: <9310022011.AA19354@snark.lehman.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-02 23:39:26 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 2 Oct 93 16:39:26 PDT

Raw message

From: khijol!erc (Ed Carp)
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 93 16:39:26 PDT
To: pmetzger@lehman.com
Subject: Re: PGP in FIDO

> By the idiotic logic the FIDO operators are using, the phone company
> could be siezed if two people have a conversation about a crime over
> the phone. The notion is, of course, absurd, and so is the stupid
> half-assed amateur lawyering the people who wrote the FIDO policies
> used.

You know, I wouldn't put it past some district attorneys to try... :( :(

If you use the phone to make a drug deal, well, bye-bye Pac Bell!!!  Hehehe...
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG			erc@apple.com			510/659-9560
                            an38299@anon.penet.fi

Thread