1994-02-15 - Clipper and Traffic Analysis

Header Data

From: Mike Godwin <mnemonic@eff.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 274b769eb69c8aabf746750e436b39ce6ffc9dd00c3e850f442afafcaa785526
Message ID: <199402151428.JAA29394@eff.org>
Raw Date: Tue, 15 Feb 94 06:31:42 PST

Raw message

From: Mike Godwin <mnemonic@eff.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 94 06:31:42 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Clipper and Traffic Analysis

Does anyone here have any thoughts as to whether Clipper enables traffic
analysis or tracing more easy than it normally is under Switching System
7? The reason I ask is, I have this sense that one reason the government
likes Clipper is that the Law Enforcement Access Field enables agents
to draw inferences about who's talking to whom and what they're saying,
even without decrypting the actual communications.

What do you think?

--Mike

Thread