1994-02-22 - the black budget

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3fcf835a01753708024fdba82605c128cbdfaa4c894bba5eea2c5dd330249b4d
Message ID: <9402222226.AA15543@ah.com>
Reply To: <9402222100.AA23192@netmail2.microsoft.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-22 22:27:55 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 22 Feb 94 14:27:55 PST

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 94 14:27:55 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: the black budget

>And I don't want to change the situation only with crypto, but also
>with public speech."

>What sort of public speeches would you (or others) make (to whom)?

Public speech is not a series of public speeches, but rather one's own
words spoken openly and without shame.

Tim has answered your question admirably.  Here is part of my answer:

   "I desire a society where all may speak freely about whatever topic
they will.  I desire that all people might be able to choose to whom
they wish to speak and to whom they do not wish to speak.  I desire a
society where all people may have an assurance that their words are
directed only at those to whom they wish.  Therefore I oppose all
efforts by governments to eavesdrop and to become unwanted listeners."

You may quote me, as always, but I would rather you spoke your own
feelings.

Eric

Thread