1994-02-22 - RE: the black budget

Header Data

From: Blanc Weber <blancw@microsoft.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f22ccfbb5b83097cfad8efd96ef8128f47a7016159e74cab51ab82ce0d5dee78
Message ID: <9402222100.AA23192@netmail2.microsoft.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 22 Feb 94 12:59:54 PST

Raw message

From: Blanc Weber <blancw@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 94 12:59:54 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: RE: the black budget

"It took the Colonists several decades to get worked up enough to fight
a war.  We're only halfway through an equivalent time period.
And I don't want to change the situation only with crypto, but also
with public speech."

Would you elaborate?  Earlier, Tim May said something about using "the
active spreading of
disinformation about the compromise of the key escrow system" as part
of the attempt to "Actively Sabotage Clipper and Capstone" (title of
his message).

What sort of public speeches would you (or others) make (to whom)?
(Just curious)

Blanc

Thread