1994-02-02 - Re: archiving on inet

Header Data

From: jimn8@netcom.com (Jim Nitchals)
To: pmetzger@lehman.com
Message Hash: d2ffcc545ad57284447f35ade7841ebd4514859b370ea4efb6dae042bc3d5984
Message ID: <199402020036.QAA20961@mail.netcom.com>
Reply To: <199402012131.QAA03337@snark>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-02 00:40:47 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Feb 94 16:40:47 PST

Raw message

From: jimn8@netcom.com (Jim Nitchals)
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 94 16:40:47 PST
To: pmetzger@lehman.com
Subject: Re: archiving on inet

> Jason Zions says:
[portions deleted]

> > I'm struggling with drawing an appropriate distinction between CD-ROM as
> > newsfeed medium and CD-ROM as archive medium.
>
> Maybe you are struggling because there is no reasonable way to make
> the distinction?

There is.  Copyright 1994 James Nitchals.  Duplication and redistribution
rights permitted only until the expiration date or issuance of a cancel
message by the author.

CD-ROM publishers cannot honor the request except by reissuing the CD-ROM
without my content.  Anyone who backs up their home directory is safe,
but if they redistribute my article after it's expired or cancelled, they
are in violation of my copyright.

Thread