1994-05-25 - Re: Graph isomorphism based PK cryptosystems?

Header Data

From: bart@netcom.com (Harry Bartholomew)
To: perry@imsi.com
Message Hash: 2aba2da3309c66437354c46fd2c26c4bdedd8ecbdec30cf3edb5af27abd94738
Message ID: <199405251536.IAA26718@netcom.com>
Reply To: <9405251144.AA03868@snark.imsi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-25 15:37:49 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 25 May 94 08:37:49 PDT

Raw message

From: bart@netcom.com (Harry Bartholomew)
Date: Wed, 25 May 94 08:37:49 PDT
To: perry@imsi.com
Subject: Re: Graph isomorphism based PK cryptosystems?

> Jay Prime Positive says:
> > I only worry that if I publish, it could be patented.  And I don't
> > want the algorithm to end up in the hands of the software patent
> > folks.  Especially if they will be making money off it, and I wont.
>
> If you publish, only you could patent it. There is only danger if you
> don't publish, in which case others can independently make the same
> discovery and patent it.
>
> Perry

    But you would then need to file within one year of the publication
    date I think.

    Bart

Thread